• Candidate who has received admission offer letter from USM for studying Masters or Ph.D by research mode, yet to register as a FULL-TIME student is eligible to apply. Application for part time students would NOT be considered.
• Open to all Malaysian (Masters and Ph.D) and International (Ph.D) only.
II) MSc Candidate
• Must have obtained a bachelor’s degree with a CGPA ≥ 3.00 OR an equivalent qualification that is recognized by the Malaysian Government.
• Preference is given to those who had sent in manuscript for publication in a journal indexed by WoS/SCOPUS/ERA.
III) Ph.D Candidate
• Must have obtained a master’s degree by coursework/mixed mode with a CGPA ≥ 3.00 OR a master’s degree by research mode OR an equivalent qualification that is recognized by the Malaysian Government.
• Must have at least ONE manuscript published in a journal indexed by WoS/SCOPUS/ERA.
IV) This financial support would be awarded to the awardee on semester basis.
The awardee needs to apply for the extension before second semester starts.
The decision of the extension is based on the research progress of the awardee, at least ONE (1) SUBMITTED manuscript to a journal indexed by WoS/SCOPUS/ERA which, the awardee must be the first student author and the supervisor must be one of the authors in the author list.