Waqas Ahmad, Dr.
School of Pharmaceutical SciencesTel : 604-6533888 Ext. Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Research Methodology & Statistics in Pharmacy (FAR 191)
- Basic Pharmacognosy and phytochemistry (FAR 244)
- Organic Chemistry (FAR 113)
- Oncology Pharmacy (FAR347)
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Pharmacological Effects of Natural and Synthetic Products
- Natural Immunomodulators
- Isolation, Characterization and pharmacological evaluation of phytopharmaceuticals and medicinally active compounds by using In vitro and in vivo.
- Designing & discovery of new molecules with potential pharmacological activity.
- Waqas Ahmad., Jantan I, Haque MA, Arsyad L. Magnoflorine from Tinospora crispa upregulates innate and adaptive immune responses in Balb/c mice. International Immunopharmacology. 2022 Oct 1;111:109081.
- Masoud Rezvanian, Shiow-Fern Ng, Taradokht Alavi, Waqas Ahmad. In-vivo evaluation of Alginate-Pectin hydrogel film loaded with Simvastatin for diabetic wound healing in Streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules. 2021, 171, 308-319.
- Areeful Haque, Ibrahim Jantan, Hemavathy Harikrishnan & Waqas Ahmad. Standardized ethanol extract of Tinospora crispa upregulates pro-inflammatory mediators release in LPS-primed U937 human macrophages through stimulation of MAPK, NF-κB and PI3K-Akt signaling networks. BMC Complement Med Ther 20, 245 (2020).
- Waqas Ahmad, Ibrahim Jantan,Endang Kumolosasi, Syed Nasir Abbas Bukhari. ”Standardized extract of Tinospora crispa stimulates innate and adaptive immune responses in Balb/c mice.” Food & Function. 7(3):1380-9, 2016.
- Waqas Ahmad,Ibrahim Jantan,and Syed Nasir Abbas Bukhari. “Tinospora crispa (L.) Hook. F. & Thomson: A Review of Its Ethnobotanical, Phytochemical, and Pharmacological Aspects” Frontiers in Plant Pharmacology 7 (2016), 59.
- Jantan, Ibrahim, Waqas Ahmad, and Syed Nasir Abbas Bukhari. “Plant-Derived Immunomodulators: An Insight on Their Preclinical Evaluation and Clinical Trials.”Frontiers in Plant Science6 (2015).
- Waqas Ahmad, Ibrahim Jantan,Endang Kumolosasi, Syed Nasir Abbas Bukhari Immunostimulatory effects of the standardized extract ofTinospora crispa on innate immune responses in Wistar Kyoto rats. Drug Design, Development and Therapy. 2015; 9:2961-2973.
- Waqas Ahmad., Endang Kumolosasi, Ibrahim Jantan, Syed Nasir Abbas Bukhari and Malina Jasamai (2014), Effects of novel diarylpentanoid analogues of curcumin on secretory phospholipase A2, cyclooxygenases, lipo-oxygenase, and microsomal prostaglandin E synthase-1. Chemical Biology & Drug Design, 83: 670–681.
- Waqas Ahmad, Endang Kumolosasi, Ibrahim Jantan, Malina Jasamai, Emil Salim. Modulatory Effect of phytoestrogens and curcumin on induction of annexin 1 in human peripheral blood mononuclear cells and their inhibitory effect on secretory phospholipase A2. Tropical journal of pharmaceutical research, 2013.